Sunday, September 14, 2014

Trust in the Lord

September 8, 2014


Hello Again to all!
So this week was kinda crazy!! After emailing last week I was sent on a last minute exchange to the nearby town of Powell!! I have been here all week and it has been awesome!! It’s been a crazy shuffle because my companion went with another set of missionaries for a while and I went with the zone leaders. After a few days one of the zone leaders went out to Burlington leaving me and the other zone leader here in Powell! So Elder Braden (that zone leader I'm here with) and I have been doing lots of work!! 
This week there were two amazing things that happened!! The first was that we got to go to the temple as an entire zone!! It was incredible to feel the spirit that is there in the temple!! Being in he temple with all the other missionaries brings a whole new spirit into the temple!! The blessings that come from attending the temple are in numerable!! Despite the fact that it was almost 250 miles round trip, the feelings of the spirit and the feelings of mission unity are well worth the sacrifice!!
The second amazing thing that happened this week happened yesterday! When we were planning for Sunday I had the thought to try something new! The plan was to be at the local park (Washington Park) from 6:30 to 7:00 pm. This time however we were going to arrive early and we were going to say a prayer before we did anything!! All went as planned and during that 30-minute time we were able to find three new people to teach!!! This experience really taught me a lot about prayer! The main lesson that I learned was that as we make ourselves available to the Lord by setting specific plans and following through with those plans, He will place people in our path that He has prepared to talk with us! Heavenly Father wants to bless our lives! As we trust Him and prepare ourselves to listen and follow the guidance he gives us we can receive those blessings from Him!! Heavenly Father Loves us all and we are His Children!! The blessings He has in store for us are more than we can imagine!! As we do our best to follow His teachings we will ultimately be able to return to live with Him in the Eternities!! I Love this work and I know that this truly is the Gospel of Jesus Christ!!
I love you all!!!
This is my Joy (Alma 29:9)

Elder Cameron Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment