Sunday, August 24, 2014

On to Montana


Hey all!!!
   So I'm emailing  a day early due to the fact that I am leaving the MTC in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow.....in other words we leave before 6:30 am. It’s going to be brutal. One of the hardest parts will be that I will miss the MTC. The feeling here will be hard to maintain all by myself out in the field, but Challenge Accepted. Last Night we had a Devotional from Jenny Oaks Baker.  It was Awesome because she performed for us as well as spoke. She talked on having faith to overcome challenges and through that faith we can grow closer to our Heavenly Father. As we put our trust in him and put all our effort in to do our best we will be successful, regardless of others. That is another principal that I learned this week, that my success on my mission and in life cannot be based on the choices of others. as long as we put our best effort in and trust in the Lord (Proverbs 3:5) He will guide us in all that we need to do and will bless us for our efforts. Now the path will not always be easy, He never said it would be, but in the words of a Pioneer “It will all be worth it". I know that as I Leave tomorrow to arrive in Montana, there will be many challenges waiting for me in every area I serve. In the words of one of my teachers here at the MTC “Attitude Makes a Mission". I want to Make My Mission Great!! I heard a quote this week said by the Former Prophet, President Spencer W. Kimball "My Life like my shoes should be worn out in service." I am on this mission to serve others. I want "worn out Shoes". I love this mission; I know this is the place that I should at this time. I love and miss you all. If you have Questions ask the Missionaries.
This is my Joy (Alma 29:9)
With Love

Elder Cameron Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment