Sunday, August 31, 2014

Cody Wyoming




Hello Everyone
   I guess I should actually say Howdy!! Well as expected they sent me to one of the few biking areas in the entire mission. I'm down south in Cody Wyoming, cowboy country. It is Beautiful Here!!!! My Companion is Elder Swisher. He's from a little place called Brentwood, in the awesome state of California. 
   Well this week has been kinda crazy!!! I arrived in the mission on Tuesday to an amazing meal prepared for us new missionaries by Sister Mecham, The Mission President Wife. On Wednesday we were given our Transfer slips telling us where we were going and who was going to be our trainers. So the Cody Wyoming 3rd ward it was, With Elder Swisher. I cant believe this is already day 5 here in Cody!!! It is awesome here!! The ward is so amazing!! We get a lot of support from the members here and also a lot of food!! Despite how much we bike/walk i almost feel like we are eating more!! But the most important part is the work!!
  Our ward has a lot of Less Active Members and Part Member Families So that is where we have been focusing! Also this ward gives us a lot of Referrals so we are kept very busy. Its awesome to have already seen Miracles happening in peoples lives having only been here for a few days. There is one family that just started coming back to church recently and the father has been able to kick his chewing habit so that in the next few months he and his family can go to the Temple to be sealed for time and all eternity! It is amazing to see his determination to change his life so he can be with his growing family for ever. I know i made that sound easy but for him it was a real challenge because he works out in the oil fields and from what I have heard so far its a tough life out there! 
    It brings me so much joy to see and hear how people have changed their lives and how much of a blessing it is to them. I know now Without a doubt in my mind that this is where i am supposed to be at this time. When i first got to the Mission home I prayed to know for sure if this is where i was supposed to be. That first night in the mission home we had a testimony meeting for all of us new missionaries. The Spirit in that room was so strong it was almost tangible. It was during that meeting that I came to Know for a fact that out here on a mission is where i need to be. I love it here in this mission with all the Champions i meet every day!!! Its a Blast out here!!!

This is My Joy (Alma 29:9)
I love You all
Elder Cameron Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment