Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mission Training experience

Hallooooo Family and Friends,
    These first few days in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) have been AWESOME!!! My companion is Elder Svedin, he is from ST. George. He is Awesome!!! We really hit it off well because we both have older sisters on Missions Right now!! His sister is in Colorado. Being here in the MTC really is an incredible experience. As long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, the channel of the spirit is in full force. The Analogy that is commonly used is we have gone from drinking out of a drinking fountain of the spirit to trying to drink out of a fire hydrant, And I don't think there is a better way to explain it. The spirit is so powerful that Sunday didn't feel very different from class. The days have already begun to blend together.
   On Friday I went on splits with another elder in my district, Elder Holmes, to go to the MTC choir. In Choir we were learning the song "Nearer My God To Thee." It was Incredible to be part of the Hundreds of Missionaries that were part of the Choir! On Monday My district started our TRC lessons. I’m not really sure what TRC stands for but I think it is Teach Real Converts. We got to teach a Lady Named Sydney Young. That first lesson was an awesome experience!!! During The Lesson The spirit was literally flowing like a water fall into the room. All six of us in our district and Sydney felt the spirit throughout the lesson. That was just one of the many Miracles I have seen every day here.
  I have learned so much here it’s almost overwhelming!! Today we were let out of the gates and got to go up the hill to the temple! A few people in my zone have been struggling adjusting to MTC life so we decided to have a Zone fast. Going to the temple fasting is literally one of the Most Amazing Things I have Ever Experienced!!! The whole zone and especially my district has really bonded and those bonds are even stronger now after the Temple. My district is so close it’s almost like I have five companions instead of just one! When it comes to being the happiest place on earth Disneyland has nothing on the MTC
  I love it here and wouldn't trade this for anything
This is My Joy Alma 29:9

Sincerely
Elder Cameron Kimball


No comments:

Post a Comment